Pages

October 23, 2012

Bokeh: Lessons from Project 365

So in the 27 days I have been doing project 365, I have missed 6 days of my assignment. If this were a New Years resolution it would have been a statistical 90% failure by February 1st, but since it isn't & I'm still going, it's not a failure.

I have been thinking about how often times in life a challenge doesn't necessarily mean it's done perfectly or the way you imagined, but that it is completed. I have missed a few days; 6 days where I didn't even pick up my camera unless it was to move it. For 6 days in the last 27 it wasn't turned on or focused or viewed through.

A few things prevented me from picking it up, like the 2 days I was in the hospital with a sick baby. I wished I had it just because I want to remember all the times in life, not just the smile inducing ones. But in the hospital I didn't even think to pick up my phone to take a picture. It was stressful & the less important things were pushed aside or forgotten in lieu of the more immediate needs.

Other days that I missed where because I plum forgot, didn't remember till I was laying in bed, until I woke up the next day, went to take my pictures, or until a few minutes ago when I logged all the days, pictures, & titles into my computer calendar. Oh well!

This is one of those times when "it is what it is". It has changed the way I view things though. I see everyday as a potential photo-op & everyday things like a rising moon, baby painting with yogurt, or a squirrel sitting on the ledge of the porch are all beautiful moments that make me look at my day just a little differently & that is the entire purpose of this assignment, even if I do have a few incompletes when it's all over with.

This is Day 21: Night Sky. The color in the sky was the prettiest shade of blue & much like Pink in the Fall a few days ago, before this challenge I would have passed up the opportunity to capture a moment like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment